Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Aaron Miller's Words of Biking Wisdom

What an incredible ride! I have visited Israel 5 or so times, have lived here for almost a year, and have traveled all over the country since I have gotten here, but there is no better way to see the country than to bike all over. This has been a wonderful trip, and, without question, the best experience of my year in Israel so far. There is nothing like being encouraged to skip class to go bikeriding. Yesterday, Lauren (my wife) and Catherine (a very close friend) and two other friends from came to the kibbutz where we were staying last night and took me completely by surprise. It was great seeing them, and Lauren has definitely won the "Amazing Wife" award for her surprise visit. Oh, and for my words of wisdom:

#1. Just because you have been bikeriding for 3 hours straight does not mean 3 bowls of soup for lunch is a good idea.

#2. There is nothing wrong with wearing bike shorts in public spaces

#3. If you ride through a river on your bike, you have to go fast or you will get stuck in the river. If you ride fast through the river, you will get water all over your face. What does this mean? Riding through a river means that water will end up all over your face.

I don't have much time because there are other people waiting to write, but this is an unforgettable experience and I hope everyone at home is doing well.

Aaron

No comments: